Vitamin A Supplements - Means to Absorb ItVitamins
Vitamin A is fat soluble and helps to maintain the skin healthy, preventing diseases, such as cancer. Moreover, it keeps the blood sugar balanced. It can be found in 2 forms: performed vitamin / retinol and beta-carotene.
What to Take: beta-carotene Complex, vitamin A, vitamin E, zinc, vitamin A.
- To be properly absorbed take vitamin A with fat food. Fat food is important for absorption.
- To be properly metabolized, take vitamin A together with vitamin E.
- Zinc also contributes to the metabolism of vitamin A. Therefore, when taking vitamin A also take zinc supplements.
- If you are a smoker, take vitamin A as it is an extremely good antioxidant, protecting against free radical damage.
- Vitamin A can be destroyed by mineral oil laxatives. Thus, avoid the latter.
- Antacids inhibit the absorption of vitamin A, so take it only when it’s absolutely necessary.
- Verify if your prescribed drugs inhibit vitamin a absorption. There are some medications that do this, such as colchicine.
- Alcohol inhibits the absorption of vitamin A. Thus, in case you are a heavy drinker, you should reduce the consumption of alcohol.
- Beta-carotene is a precursor of vitamin A. The orange color in foods such as sweet potatoes and pumpkins is given by the beta-carotene.
- It’s better to take a beta-carotene complex than single carotene.
- To avoid the blocking of carotene, take other minerals separately.
- In case you are sick and you need more antioxidant protection it is recommended to take micellized vitamin A. Micellized vitamin is that vitamin that can be soluble into water, being thus easier to be absorbed.
|Tag: alcohol, antioxidant, beta-carotene, blood sugar, disease, fat food, fat soluble, free radical damage, micellized vitamin, smoker, vitamin A, vitamin E, zinc supplements|
||Vitamin E characteristics|
Vitamin E is an extremely important antioxidant due to its healing characteristics. However, you should be aware of the fact that taking vitamin E may be dangerous, despite its healing results. Thus, ...
||What Vitamins Do an Adult Need?|
In order to have a healthy body the following vitamins are extremely important for an adult: vitamins D, C, E, beta-carotene, B, K and iron. Only by taking this daily you will be protected against s ...
||About nutrition supplements and protein vitamin|
For an optimum health, more often than not the food is not enough, thus it is recommended to have extra vitamins and nutrition supplements.
Vitamin C as nutritional supplement
It is recommended ...