Curing headaches through the pressure pointsHeadaches
For easing tension and headaches it’s recommended to massage the pressure points gently. Do this before taking an aspirin. The pressure points are groups of nerves that can be found in certain locations of the body, like the temples.
Stimulating the pressure points regulates the blood circulation and helps relaxing stressed muscles. Neck and face tension-tight muscles usually cause a headache, thus by focusing on the pressure points you can cure the ache.
- Locate your temples. They are on the sides of the head, at eyebrow level. With your thumbs simultaneously massage the temples in small and counterclockwise movements. Take deep breaths during the massage. Do this for 1 minute.
- At the inside end of the eyebrows, above the nose bridge, there are 2 pressure points. With your index fingers massage the area gently for about 30 seconds.
- Use your thumbs to massage the back of your neck, the area where the neck meets the base of the skull. Breath deeply and tilt your head back and press upward into the neck. This massage should last 2 minutes. You can do this massage while sitting in a chair, with your elbows propped on a table. There are many muscles and nerves located in the neck area, the area where the body meets the brain. It’s important to keep the neck muscles relaxed even when you are not having a headache.
- There is a pressure point locating in the webbing between the thumb and the index, close to the bone that can help you cure the headache. Squeeze this pressure point with the thumb and the index finger, until you feel the nerve beneath the skin, for one minute on each hand. Breath deeply while doing this.
- Headache can be relieved by stimulating certain points on the feet. The head pressure point on the feet is located between the big toe and the second toe. With your thumb, rub this space for 1 minute.
|Tag: certain, curing a headache, having a headache, headache, locating the pressure points, massaging the back of the neck, massaging the temples, neck muscles, points blood circulation pressure, points certain body, points massage pressure, points pressure, pressure, pressure points, taking deep breath, temples pressure|